Site-Based Teen Mentoring - Belle Glade
|Many of our teenage Club members come from environments in which positive role models are scarce and knowledge of career opportunities is limited. A volunteer mentor’s personal attention and guidance can truly open new doors of hope and opportunity for our teens. Mentors are required to spend a minimum of 1 hour per week with their mentee for 1 full year. To become a mentor, you must complete a volunteer application, an interview, and screenings. Mentors will be matched with mentees based on common interests. Prior to meeting with matches, mentors will complete an orientation and training session. Club staff will provide ongoing support and assistance to all mentors.|
|Additional Skills Required:|
|• A sincere desire to provide one or more teens at the Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County with a positive, supportive adult role model.
• Ability to communicate with teenagers and Club Staff openly, patiently and nonjudgmentally.
• Strong listening skills.
• Ability to establish a relationship based on equal responsibility and respect.
• Ability to teach practical problem-solving and goal-setting skills.
• Sensitivity to persons of different educational, economic, cultural, or racial backgrounds.
• Creativity to develop interesting activities with your mentee.
• Ability to set and observe boundaries.
• Ability to respond to supervision and suggestions of Club Staff.
|350 SW 10th St|
Belle Glade, Florida 33430
| Ongoing Project|
|Click here to Apply|