|In its 2nd year of operation, Peace Geeks provides a range of services worldwide from developing web sites, applications, tools and games in hopes of enabling non-profit organizations working on the promotion of peace, accountability and human rights in developing countries to better reach, engage, empower, educate and service constituents.
Headquartered in Vancouver, B.C., Peace Geeks’ team of dedicated volunteers stretches to Montreal and the Dominican Republic. Our goal is to continue to develop and expand both our company and our people, while showcasing how technology, art, media and other tools are being used as tools of peace building. We are currently seeking a Web Designer to join the Vancouver based team.
The candidate will be responsible to research, design, develop and produce internet and intranet sites. The Web Designer designs and constructs web pages/sites including incorporating graphic user interface (GUI) features and other techniques. Maintains and provides ongoing design of the website, promos and ad banners, seasonal content specials and custom chat launcher design for partners.
The job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop web site architecture and determine hardware and software requirements
• Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the web site
• Create and optimize content for web site using a variety of graphics, database, animation and other software
• Research and evaluate a variety of interactive media software products
• May lead and co-ordinate multidisciplinary teams to develop web site graphics, content, capacity and interactivity
• Other duties as assigned
|Additional Skills Required:|
• A degree or diploma in computer science, web design, or equivalent work experience in this fields
• Experience using Drupal as a content management system
• Ability to take responsibility and complete work with minimal supervision
• Familiar with relevant concepts, practices, and procedures
• Good English communication skills and documentation skills
If you have a portfolio of past design work, please share that with us.
Project Team Members & Structure:
You will report to the Executive Director, and will also receive direction from the Marketing Team Lead, Human Resources Team Lead, and Chief Technology Officer. You will be responsible for working on minor changes to the site, as well as assisting with structural changes, potentially requiring some programming, design and layout changes.
| Virtual Project (Home/Office)|
| Ongoing Project|
|Click here to Apply|